FL Amendment 2 – Limitations on Property Tax Assessments
Makes permanent what currently is a temporary cap of 10 percent on annual property value increases for vacation homes, apartments and commercial property, effectively limiting increases on tax bills.
Read the full text of the referendum »
- Make permanent the 10 percent limit on increases in tax value for non-homestead property, thus reducing tax bills.
- Continue to deny local governments (excluding school districts) tax revenue they would otherwise collect from rising property values.
- End the practice of limiting tax increases on non-homestead property by limiting property-value increases to 10 percent.
- Possibly lead to higher tax bills for non-homestead property, resulting in additional revenue to local governments of about $700 million, according to the state Revenue Estimating Conference.
- Florida Association of Realtors
- Florida TaxWatch
- Florida Chamber of Commerce
- League of Women Voters of Florida
- Florida Education Association