FL Amendment 3 – Voter Control of Gambling in Florida
Requires approval of any new casino gambling through a citizen-initiative constitutional amendment, effectively barring the Legislature from making those gambling decisions by passing laws.
Read the full text of the referendum »
- Require that voters approve a constitutional amendment through citizen initiative to authorize any new casino gambling in Florida, essentially stripping that authority from the Legislature.
- Preclude constitutional approval of casinos through other means, including amendments offered by the Legislature or by the CRC.
- Continue to allow the Legislature to approve other types of non-casino gambling, such as poker rooms, bingo, lotteries and fantasy sports.
- Allow the Legislature to oversee, regulate and tax any casino-type gambling that voters approve through a constitutional amendment.
- Not affect the state’s ability to negotiate casino agreements with Native-Americans.
- Continue to allow casino gambling either through new laws passed by the Legislature or through various types of constitutional amendments.
- Disney Worldwide Services
- Seminole Tribe of Florida
- No Casinos Inc.
- Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association
- League of Women Voters of Florida; Florida Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Education Association